[24hoursupport] Re: screen changing colors

  • From: Lene <lpagsugu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 07:13:40 -0800 (PST)

The connections seem snug at both ends.  I still have the yellow tones occuring
(I think the colors change depending on the color of the desktop b/c when I log
on my name and it occurs, it appears red).  The "slapping the monitor"
technique works, it flashes to normal whenever I whack it, sometimes it works
for a while, sometimes temporary.  I guess it's just time for a new monitor :T
yyixi001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Yes, what Gary says sounds most likely. I have an old backup monitor
that I keep handy, and it regularly goes into all blue-tones like a
black & white tv set only its blue & white instead of black & white, and
I give it a few slaps on the side of the case and suddenly everything
goes back to normal until the next time. Another possibility is that you
have a magnet of some kind parked too close to the monitor, such as an
old-time desktop telephone or speaker box, in which case, move it away
asap. Please let us know what's going on with it next, this is rather
interesting to me.

Roland