[24hoursupport] remove deal helper

  • From: "Sin" <DanOzuna@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 15:50:00 -0700

My girl friend's computer has "deal helper" on it. She has spybot and
SpywareBlaster updated and running on her machine. Which is a 2.2 GHZ box
running XP Home. Spybot doesn't find/remove this spyware when I run a scan. I
was told to do the following.

remove the following items from Add/Remove software.

Twain Tech (not found)

ZSearch (removed)

TV Media (removed)

Deal Helper (could not be removed)

Then made sure the following were removed from the computer:

idctup20.exe - file

ACCELE~1\SYSTEM~1\sys_alert.exe - folder (the name will start with those six
letters

zSearch - folder

TV Media - folder

Then I ran spybot again, but it still isn't finding anything. I was told that
spybot should find and remove deal helper, but I haven't been able to do it.
(in either safe mode or normal windows mode)  I'm going to download and install
AdAware next, but I was wondering if anyone else had to remove deal helper. and
if so, how did you remove it? TIA

Daniel