[24hoursupport] reformatting

  • From: Lene Pagsuguiron <lpagsugu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 05:32:12 -0800 (PST)

Does this list have a page w/a compilation of the most asked questions?

Anyway, I bought a new 80GB 7200RPM External HDD and I've been copying files
over to it.  I feel that it is time to clean out my C and upgrade to WinXP Pro.
 I plan on formatting by just right clicking on the C and "Format".  What do I
do next?  A year or two ago, I copied my Windows/Cabs folder b/c someone told
me I could use those files to restore Win98.  I also have Partition Magic, but
I haven't installed it b/c I wasn't sure if I wanted dual boot.  I have a few
system disks, but for some reason, they are all different.  If I try to format
a floppy and "copy system files", there are only about 2 or so files on it.
Some of my older ones have lots of files like FDisk, etc.

I just don't want to mess anything up b/c this computer is always being used.
Thanks!

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at