[24hoursupport] Re: ram

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 11:08:10 -0800

Hi,
Oe6,
If it is going into a computer with existing ram you will need to get
matching ram.
Mixing ram speed will make the computer operate at the lower speed, if it
works at all.

The ram will have to match your motherboard also.
See;
http://www.ec.kingston.com/ecom/configurator/memsubtype.asp

I have found Tiger Direct to be competitivley priced.
www.tigerdirect.com

Mike ~ one of the Moderators
It is a good day if I learned something new.
Editor MikesWhatsNews http://www.mwn.ca/
Seasons Greetings
http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/Xmas.htm
******* Mike's  REPLY SEPARATOR *********

On 12/29/2004 at 6:36 PM 0e60wq102@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi, Where's a good place to look for a single 512 or 1 gig ram stick for a
P3? What kind should I get and who's got itfor a good price? I'm not
interested in speed so much as in economy. Thanks.

Oe6