[24hoursupport] Re: pictures

  • From: chizotz@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 17:56:27 +0000

It's absolutely true that images or any other intellectual property need not
be marked as copyrighted to be copyrighted.

I am a big, big believer in respecting intellectual property. However... this
response is a bit Draconian.

If you simply save and print the picture for you own personal use, there is no
infringement. That's the basic equivilent of, say, clipping a picture out of
the newspaper and saving it in a folder. It's "fair use". As long as you don't
display it in a public setting, there isn't a problem.

It's when you take the picture and put it on your own web site (with or
without an acknowledgement), or otherwise display the image in a public
setting, that you start getting into trouble.

HTH,

Ron