[24hoursupport] peer to peer networking

  • From: Lene <lpagsugu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 08:47:41 -0700 (PDT)

hi, thanks ron for the suggestions on products to buy.  i ended up getting
talked into a wired network instead, which was for the best b/c wireless is
pretty pricey anyway.

i'm having trouble reading the files on my laptop.  i have a microsoft pci
adapter in my pc, a crossover cat5 cable, and integrated card in laptop.  i
followed the instructions on the setup network utility and i have a workgroup
but i don't see the computer in "my network places'.  i also can't see files on
either computers even though i have file and printer sharing enabled.  i also
can't get on the internet on my laptop.