[24hoursupport] Re: pc rebooting

  • From: Joe Parker <joe.parker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 09:56:05 -0400

Remember, edit replies.

He's lucky if it runs for a few minutes. I once installed Norton
Systemworks on Win2k and it went into a constant reboot cycle. Despite my
best efforts at cleaning the registry and all the known startup
locations  from Safe Mode only an OS reinstall fixed it.

Anyway, first make sure he's got auto-reboot turned off so he can see (and
write down!) any blue-screen errors. System>Advanced>Startup & Recovery>
uncheck 'auto restart'. While he's in there he should uncheck all the admin
alerts and memory dumps too since nobody can actually read those things.

>I've been helping a friend with his problem pc. I''s 1gig hz pent. running
>256k of ram and win2k. Evwerything to be pok until he got it home. He
>loaded norton AV 2002. Now it's runs for a few minutes and then reboots.
>He uninstalled Norton and it is still doing the same thing. It doesn't
>seem to be overheating, already checked that.

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at