[24hoursupport] Re: pc rebooting

  • From: "Douglas S. Oliver" <dsoliver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 22:35:24 -0700

Remember, edit replies.

> He uninstalled Norton and it is still doing the same thing.
>
>Any ideas on what I might look at next?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>John

Because Norton has a knack for putting itself throughout the registry,
you need to go carefully through it removing all entries for norton and
symantec. Simply doing an uninstall doesn't work so well. I forget, does
win2k have sysedit like win98? If so, you could go to an earlier pre
norton 2002 version of the registry and see if that works. -- d

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at