[24hoursupport] Re: pc cannot see cd drives

  • From: 0e60wq102@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 08:42:34 -0600

David,

Yes, it says "Drive C is using MS-DOS compatibility mode file system."

BTW, the pc originally stopped seeing the CD players when I tried
to switch from the HP cd-burning software EasyCDCreator, to Nero.
Now, no CDs visible.

Sounds like you're onto something. Any idea what I should do next?

Oe6

David Matthew Wood dmwood78-at-mindspring.com
|24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx| wrote:
>
> If something causes Windows to run in compatibility mode (a boot sector virus
> for example), this can happen.  Right click "My Computer", go to Properties,
> and then click on the Performance tab and see if it says anything about drive
> C or anything else running in compatiblity mode.

** Remove the anti-virus footer, ads, and this line and everything below when
replying **

please see //www.freelists.org/webpage/24hoursupport