[24hoursupport] Re: order XP SP on CD-ROM

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 15:35:08 -0700

Hi Bill,
I found it reinstall a few programs I do not care for.
Macromedia flas, MSN Messenger and Windows Messenger.

I have put together some information links here;
http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/XPSP2_links.htm

Mike ~ one of the Moderators
It is a good day if I learned something new.
Editor MikesWhatsNews http://www.mwn.ca/

******* Mike's  REPLY SEPARATOR *********

On 8/25/2004 at 6:12 PM William B. Lurie wrote:

One word of caution about SP2.......I found out in one
of the Microsoft XP newsgroups that SP2 (if you are not
careful) can install default options that take over and automatically
update your machine with 'capabilities' you may or may not want.

I for one will not install SP2 until I find out a lot more about
what privileges it takes over for me, that I may not want it to.

What can you tell us about that, Mike?

          Bill Lurie

Mike wrote:

>From; http://www.winnetmag.com
> In the News by Paul Thurrott, thurrott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
>Windows XP SP2 Now Shipping Via Automatic Updates, Windows Update, and
>CD-ROM    Today
<http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/cdorder/en_us/defau
lt.mspx>