[24hoursupport] Re: order XP SP on CD-ROM

  • From: "William B. Lurie" <billurie@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 18:12:25 -0400

One word of caution about SP2.......I found out in one
of the Microsoft XP newsgroups that SP2 (if you are not
careful) can install default options that take over and automatically
update your machine with 'capabilities' you may or may not want.

I for one will not install SP2 until I find out a lot more about
what privileges it takes over for me, that I may not want it to.

What can you tell us about that, Mike?

          Bill Lurie