[24hoursupport] Re: office networking win2k and win98se

  • From: "Douglas S. Oliver" <dsoliver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 16:05:40 -0700

Hi, replying to my own question here. I can't test this until I can get
back to the office that has the computers; it looks like if I set up a
user account on the win2k box that matches the win98 user account and
password and then set the appropriate permissions on the share folder,
it might work. I think I should try making a group that includes the
win98 user and the original win2k user. That might make it work kind of
like it used to except for the passwords and logons. Take care -- Douglas