[24hoursupport] Re: new monitor question

  • From: "Ron Allen" <chizotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 17:36:06 -0500

Hi Bobbie,

Wow, is Santa being good to you this year or what? Wish
Santa would bring me a nice new toy like that :)

It's always a good idea to completely power down the
system before disconnecting or connecting hardware. Yes,
some systems and some specific components are designed to
be "hot-swappable", but when in doubt power down.

USB devices can always be plugged in/unplugged with the
power on without worry; that's how USB devices are
designed to operate. Anything else, such as (non-USB)
mice, printers, monitors, etc. be safe and power the
system down.

HTH, and Happy Holidays!

Ron

On Mon, 23 Dec 2002 16:04:06 -0500
  "Bobbie" <bobbiet@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I hear Santa is bringing me a flat screen monitor for
>Christmas!  After reading some of the recent posts, do I
>need to shut-down my system before installing a new
>monitor?  As far as that goes, should the system be shut
>down before installation of any new equipment?
Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at