[24hoursupport] Re: networking problems

  • From: "Spider" <spider1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 09:46:31 -0500

Sorry Doug but if you got a device called a HUB then you got the wrong piece
of equipment.  I use cable so my only experience with DSL is supporting some
of my clients with it.  I'm a little surprised as it seems most DSL modem's
are coming with built in routers but apparently your's does not, so it looks
like you need to get a router.  Netgear makes one as does Linksys among many
brands to choose from.  You could get a single port router and continue
using the HUB or you could get a 4 port and eliminate the hub.  If you keep
the HUB, you would plug the DSL modem into the WAN port of the router then
the hub into the other port on the router.  Your pc's would continue to
connect to the HUB.

Spider
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1/spiderweb1.htm