[24hoursupport] networking problems

  • From: Doug Keller <dek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 08:44:01 -0500

I recently talked my wife into dropping the dialup ISP and we went with
verizon dsl. I bought a netgear DS104 hub. If I connect a short ethernet
cable, the signal will go through the hub fine. On both computers. But I
have a wire appro. 75-80 feet long running down into the basement,
around the house, and back up to the second computer. I have a cable
test set which shows the cable to be wired correctly. My wife is
starting to get perturbed with me because she can't get on until I'm
offline and can take her the modem. I CAN'T go back to dialup after
having dsl. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

--
Doug Keller
Wis-Kel Electronics