[24hoursupport] Re: navigator hangs

  • From: "Wyatt M. Portendt" <nunyabidness6@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 17:14:03 -0500

It has groups.  I like it because it has content control - even though
ouytpost handles that well, it's handy to be able to override it on the
fly.  It also allows you to see your explorer pages in a multi tab
interface as well as your favorits, documents, network neighborhood,
control panel, etc. without leaving your browser.  The clean trace function
allows you to quickly and easily delete your temporary file cache either in
it's entirety or everything but cookies.  You can set up aliases for your
favorites so you can type in ss to go to Sam Spade.org or whatever you
want.  It's very well behaved and hasn't screwed up yet.  It allows you to
have your search engine bar in your browser toolbar and it's configurable.
The default is Google, which I use.

It's very similar, but it works better for me.

http://www.flashpeak.com/sbrowser/sbrowser.htm

It mostly gets the good stuff from Opera in an IE interface.  I can't
remember what Avant had/didn't have that SB did, but I tried both for
several days and SB worked better for me.

On 4/30/2003 at 5:45 AM a whisper was heard, and the one known as Spider
was rumoured to have uttered....

          |  Wyatt,
          |  I remember looking at Slimbrowser at the same time I looked at
          |  Avant.  I
          |  decided to go with Avant but I can't remember why.  It had
          |  something to
          |  do with the feature list though because I remember comparing
          |  the two
          |  lists before deciding.  What is it about Slimbrowser you like
          |  over
          |  Avant?  Does it do Groups?  That's one of the biggest features
          |  I like in
          |  Avant.  I can setup a group with all my weather links, my most
          |  common
          |  tech reference links, my financial links, and my favorite
          |  shopping
          |  sites.  Then I simply choose a group I have saved and all my
          |  pages pop
          |  right up.  If you have any specifics about Slimbrowser, let me
          |  know.
          |  I'm always game to try something like that.  Also, I've lost
          |  my link to
          |  Slimbrowser so if you don't mind, post a link to it.
          |
          |  Spider

          |            |  http://www.avantbrowser.com/
          |
          |  For a web-based membership management utility and information
          |  on list policies, please see http://nibec.com/24hoursupport/
          |
          |  To unsubscribe, send a blank email to
24hoursupport-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with "unsubscribe" (without quotes) in
the subject.