[24hoursupport] monitor problem

  • From: "turbodog" <turbodog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 09:27:52 -0500

Compaq 700mhz celeron
 Compaq monitor
 20Gb HD Win ME
 64 MB sdram

 I`m having a problem with the monitor not starting with the computer.
 When I shut down the pc, the monitor goes into standby mode ( I
 assume this is what you call it, the gressn power light in the front turns
 orange)
 Now, when i turn the pc back on, the monitor will not start, the light
stays
 orange. I must unplug the pc from the wall, then pug it back up. After
doing
 this,
 the monitor will turn on normally when the pc is started. Is this a bad
 monitor? a bad grafics card?
 or could it be some settings that need to be adjusted? I appreciate any
help
 that someone
 might be able to give me with this.
 Thank you