[24hoursupport] monitor cleaning, add/remove programs, play all, language support

  • From: Lene <lpagsugu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 21:55:10 -0700 (PDT)

1.)  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to clean a monitor screen?  My
laptop's screen has gone beyond being dusty and I found something on eBay about
a solution called Klear.  If anyone has any other solutions that would be
great.  My monitor is XGA TFT if that means anything.

2.)  I recently removed a game demo and after browsing through the list, I have
Diablo II listed twice.  It's something I use frequently so I don't want to
mess things up if I delete one.  I only have one in my Program Files folder
when I checked.  I'm only concerned b/c it takes up about a gig of space and if
I have two, I'm wasting a lot.

3.)  When I click "Play all" in Explorer view under Video Tasks, it doesn't
work.  Is there a way to assign a default player or something?  It used to work
before and when it did, it played everything in Winamp.

4.)  I want to see Japanese characters when I visit a Japanese site, but my
laptop didn't have a full version of MS XP Home, just a disc for reinstallation
of the OS.  Should I just reinstall XP Home to add the language support?  If
so, I would like to upgrade to Pro which I do have the full version.  I'm
assuming I'll lose all my configurations and such, right?  Unless there is
another way to get language support aside from the OS CD.

Thank you for your help!

Current OS: MS Windows XP Home Edition
256 RAM; P4; 2.2 GHz; AVG; ZoneAlarm