[24hoursupport] Re: modem worries

  • From: Barry Aronson <baronson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 13:52:26 -0500

At 12:54 8/25/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi folks,
>
>I've been fighting a modem problem to 2 days now. It's a USR 5610a. When I=
=20
>go to install the modem, it doesn't detect the modem is present. I also=20
>get an error saying no irq's available on my system but there are not that=
=20
>many devices on it. One floppy, 1 cd drive, 1 cdr drive. When I check=20
>device managers, it tells me the modem is working properly.
>This box has a new motherboard in it and and is running win98se. I've=20
>checked this with two new 5610a cards. I also verified the cards in=20
>another machine to make sure it wasn't bad modems.
>Anyone have any ideas?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>John
>

>- Users can unsubscribe from this list by sending email to
>24hoursupport-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the
>Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at
>http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1/24hrsupport.htm.

I had the very same problem and HAD to after many attempts to install the=20
.inf floppy for the modem chose to just choose Standard Modem 56k from the=
=20
install CD and then HAD to change the address of the card as well.  Once I=
=20
did those 2 things everything has been just fine.

I h*te M$ and all it has become.  It could have been the greatest force for=
=20
good and profit the world has ever seen.  Just my 2 =A2

Barry ~ baronson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at