[24hoursupport] modem worries

  • From: Prof <jasmarsh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 12:54:55 -0500

Hi folks,

I've been fighting a modem problem to 2 days now. It's a USR 5610a. When I go
to install the modem, it doesn't detect the modem is present. I also get an
error saying no irq's available on my system but there are not that many
devices on it. One floppy, 1 cd drive, 1 cdr drive. When I check device
managers, it tells me the modem is working properly.
This box has a new motherboard in it and and is running win98se. I've checked
this with two new 5610a cards. I also verified the cards in another machine to
make sure it wasn't bad modems.
Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
John