[24hoursupport] Re: modem question

  • From: Joe Parker <joe.parker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 18:34:51 -0400

Looks like winmodems have become so popular now they have to give fancy
names to regular modems to sell them. Or all the gamers have broadband now.

The cheaper modem should work just fine - it uses your CPU to do some of
it's work, but you shouldn't notice on a modern computer. Only real
exception I can think of would be if you're going to use it for online gaming.

>I am getting ready to up-grade my modem, the choices are US Robotics 56K
>or US Robotics 56 K performance pro controller base, is there any
>advantage to the controller base? Thanks

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at