[24hoursupport] Re: missing cd players

  • From: Ron Allen <chizotz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "0e60wq102@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 14:50:57 -0500

You said in your previous message that the CD drives appear on boot. I
missed that. It indicates that a cable is probably not the problem.

What version of Windows? It might be a Windows driver that's hosed
too. Or you can try booting to the Windows CD, since the drives are
available to the hardware just not to Windows, and
reinstalling/repairing Windows, which might fix the problem.

I'm leaving town for the rest of the weekend shortly, so if someone
else has any suggestions...

Ron

Saturday, October 30, 2004, 10:47:56 AM, you wrote:
0sc>  I did reinstall Nero.The cd players were working before when it was easycd
0sc> creator, but nero wanted that removed to avoid conflict. Now there's no cd
0sc> player in My Computer, and no way to use a cd player to correct the
problem.
0sc> I can make that hard drive slave to another if there's any way to use
0sc> anotherhard drive to help fix the problem?