[24hoursupport] Re: looking to setup a wireless network

  • From: "Ron Allen" <chizotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 16:46:48 -0400

Lene,

For what it's worth, I have had extremely poor experiences
with LinkSys products. Two different NICs, a hub, and a
router, all went bad on me after only a couple of months,
which is totally unacceptable.

I now buy, use, and recommend only 3Com NICs as I have
-never- had a problem with one or had one quit working. I
have also had very good experiences with NetGear products,
including my router which just keeps chugging even after
some accidental abuse that should have sent it to router
heaven. Abuse like dropping it down a flight of hardwood
stairs, and later spilling about a half a cup of coffe on
it (it was unplugged at the time, but still... I wiped off
what I could, gave it overnight to dry out, plugged it in
and off it went).

Good luck,

Ron

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 12:05:19 -0700 (PDT)
  Lene <lpagsugu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Hi everyone, I'm interested in creating a wireless
>network.
<snip>