[24hoursupport] Re: list mail with attachments

  • From: bls <brenna_99_ca@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 20:41:45 -0700 (PDT)

All 3 of my messages from him had attachments, with
subject lines of recent list threads.  A while back, I
had received an e-mail with one of the known KLEZ
subject lines but no attachment, and I think it was
discussed, about Yahoo Mail stripping some viruses, at
least the more widespread ones such as KLEZ.  The web
version of Yahoo Mail will give you the option of
scanning attachments with Norton's before downloading
or opening them.  I've never done either one, however,
as I have adopted a no attachment policy re e-mail.:)
If I see the little paper clip, it is highly unlikely
that it will be opened here.  I can't think of any
attachment that is worth the risk and headache of a
virus, but that's just what suits me, personally.

Brenna

--- pcbutts1 <pcbutts1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Brenna, I received 3 from him also. Blank messages 1
> with an attachment. I
> scanned it and it was clean so it could have just
> been a glitch in the
> system or the virus was stripped by the mail
> servers. Yahoo does not
> automatically  scan for viruses if you use the web
> interface, at lease mine
> does not, I have to manually tell it to scan. I
> access Yahoo thru OE so I
> can only scan them using my own virus software.

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at