[24hoursupport] Re: history-web bug?/Linux

  • From: "Wyatt M. Portendt" <nunyabidness6@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 18:13:58 -0500

The latest editions of Mandrake and SuSE are definitely stepping up to
challenge Windows from all I've seen in the news.  They are working on
their biggest problem more and more.  The installs are getting less geeky
and the hardware detection is improving rapidly.  From what I've read and a
couple half-hearted attempts to do an install, there is still a long way to
go, but the push does seem to be on.

On 5/7/2003 at 8:28 AM a whisper was heard, and the one known as
unclerichard was rumoured to have uttered....

          |  I stand corrected on the finer details of SuSE
          |  and the 'free' of Linux.
          |
          |  More interestingly, has anyone tried the latest SuSE release
          |  or know anyone who has?
          |
          |  Some of the comments in the media would have us believe this
          |  is the best thing to happen to :Linux
          |  since sliced bread.
          |
          |  If it is even half as good as some reviewers claim does it
          |  mark a beginning to Linux really
          |  vhallenging Windows?
          |
          |  Richard Innes
          |  Auckland New Zealand
          |  unclerichard@xxxxxxxxxxxx
          |
          |  For a web-based membership management utility and information
          |  on list policies, please see http://nibec.com/24hoursupport/
          |
          |  To unsubscribe, send a blank email to
24hoursupport-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with "unsubscribe" (without quotes) in
the subject.