[24hoursupport] Re: history-web bug?

  • From: Ron Allen <chizotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: unclerichard <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 22:46:30 -0500

Monday, May 5, 2003, 10:08:03 PM, you wrote:
u> SUSE is a German version of LINUX. They do not allow ISO downloads of their
OS. You have to buy a
u> boxed version and CD's. I gather the price includes updates and fixes. While
SUSE charge for their
u> version of LINUX the total cost is still well short of that other well known
OS.

I thought -- and, please, someone correct me if needed -- that to be
in compliance with the copyright law in regards to all distros of
Linux that it has to be free for the taking. That's what open source
is all about.

I suppose I could do my own research, but this is something others on
the list may be interested in and someone here already knows the
answer. Is it that they don't offer ISO
downloads, and so you have to compile your own executables? Or is this
a closed-source version of Linux?

Thanks,