[24hoursupport] hard drive not detected

  • From: "turbodog" <turbodog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 11:22:59 -0500

Hello, i have a little problem i was hoping someone here could help me with.

Compaq 705US laptop computer
20gb hard drive
256 mb ram
1000Mhz AMD athlon 4
win xp home

This is my father`s computer. He restarted it, and when it came back on,
there was an error message.
"operating system not found"
after trying to start from a boot disk, and even trying to reinstall the
operating system, i came to notice that
the hard drive is not being recognised. I tried to open the case to see if
maybe the hard drive cable had come loose
(I`ve never worked on laptops before, only desktop computers) but after
removing all of the visible screws on the bottom,
the case would not open. I did not want to try to force it, so i decided to
come here to ask people with more experience
what i should do, and what you think the problem may be.
I sure would appreciate any help.
Thank you very much

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at