[24hoursupport] Re: .gifs

  • From: "Ron Allen" <chizotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 21:25:08 -0600

>I save dog .gifs from everywhere , now I am doing up a photopage at Yahoo
>geocities of my cocker spaniels,is it ok to use these .gifs on
>it??(Legally)

Hello Lynda,

I hate to be a water-thrower, but probably not :(

In order to be legal, you would have to have the permission of the=
 copyright holder of each image.

Any images found in public domain clip art collections would be OK. Or any=
 other image that is in the public domain, but there is usually no way to=
 know if any image is in the public domain or not (most are not). Some clip=
 art collections are public but not in the public domain, and many of those=
 stipulate that if you use their images you have to include a link to their=
 site.

Sorry.

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at