[24hoursupport] Re: formating harddrive

  • From: "Spider" <spider1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "24hr Help Desk" <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 06:41:21 -0400

Sorry folks, I've found about 4 or 5 messages sitting on Yahoo for a few
days that I did not catch.  I am forwarding them now.  Better late then
never.

From: "John Doe" <JohnDoe4u2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun Apr 28, 2002 11:05am
Subject: Re: [24hrsupporthelpdesk] formating harddrive

No. That's the purpose of a partition. Protects against crashes and
other failures.
What I do is create a partition and put nothing but the OS stuff on it.
Mine is winME.
Any installed programs go on another partition.  I've also found out
that you don't necessarily need to reinstall some programs once you do a
reformat. Just surf to the EXE file, click and go.
Others you need to.