[24hoursupport] Re: error messages on 4.3 gig WD

  • From: 0e60wq102@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 09:51:31 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you. I set up the other 4.3 to start reinstallation, and it gave an error
message of bad sector or something on a straight line of F's, like this;
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. I'm using Western Digital Hard Drive 'Data Lifeguard Tools'
to do all this. So I ran it again and got it without errors this time, and I'm
ready to try again. I also have Drive Image, so that may work if Data Lifeguard
won't. Yes, one program added at a time, and saved between 4.3 HDs, I can pin
down any problems right away, and take the HD which is error-free and continue,
and maybe get this done.

By the way, Power Quest (which sells Partition Magic, Boot Magic, Drive Image,
etc.) only runs in DOS, and the pc won't reboot in DOS smoothly if you're
running a Seagate HD, which is why I switched to all Western Digital HDs.

Oe6

--- "Fuzzy Logic fuzzymo-at-gmail.com |24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx|"
<l0r1i0831k0t@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm really not sure where things are going wrong. I think your thought
to add a little at a time makes sense.

Fuzzy
--
"Men may doubt what you say, but they will believe what you do."
*Lewis Cass {1782-1866 American Politician}