[24hoursupport] Re: error messages

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 15:47:19 -0800

Hi Oe6,
a google search brought up this page from PNY
http://www.pny.fr/de/support_faqs.asp?IDFaq=3D258&prod=3DVerto
How can I fix a =93HWCEXT Not implemented=94 error from occurring on my
Voodoo Card?

This is caused by the presence of old or corrupt video driver files on the
system. If you have previously had a 3Dfx video accelerator card installed
on the system, and have changed to another card or reinstalled the card, it
will be necessary to rename some driver files and install new video drivers
for the current video card or cards. To do this: Click the Start button on
the taskbar Go to Find Select Files or Folders. In the Named field, type
GLIDE2X.DLL. Make sure the Look In field is set to C: and click Find now.
When the file appears, right-click the icon and select "Rename" from the
context menu. Change the .DLL file extension to .OLD. Press ENTER to make
the change. Repeat steps 2 through 5 with the GLIDE3X.DLL file. Once old
Glide drivers have been removed, install the latest available drivers for
all video cards on the system.

Mike ~ one of the Moderators
It is a good day if I learned something new.
Editor MikesWhatsNews http://www.mwn.ca/
Tsunami Disaster Relief
http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/asiapcf/12/27/quake.aidsites/
******* Mike's  REPLY SEPARATOR *********

On 12/30/2004 at 11:04 PM 0e60wq102@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I installed a slightly faster video card and the correct drivers, and
updated quicktime. But on boot, the message appears, "HWCEXT Not
Implemented". When I click on 'OK', then it says, "Rundll32" and 'illegal
operation'.

Oe6