[24hoursupport] Re: dvd vs cd

  • From: Fuzzy Logic <fuzzymo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 20:24:05 -0400

It really depends on what your thoughts on how you will use it are.

If you go with the DVD writer, you can do full backups on fewer disks,
but the backups are less portable.

If you go with the CD writer, you get very decent software (I like
Nero) and the flexibilty (and lower cost of CDs.

Myself, I would probably go with the DVD writer, only because it would
have the ability to write both DVDs and CDs (if I read your message
correctly).

If it only writes DVDs, it might not be as useful. Also, since it
comes without software, make sure you can find the software for it
(from the manufacturer's website, probably) or that the drivers come
with Windows, or pass it up.

Fuzzy
--
"Men may doubt what you say, but they will believe what you do."
*Lewis Cass {1782-1866 American Politician}