[24hoursupport] dvd vs cd

  • From: 0e60wq102@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 8 Jul 2004 22:54:46 -0000

I can only spend just so much, and I need some kind of data backup ability. I
found an older Toshiba 2x dvd-burner that only does dvd-r and dvd-rw, and
various types of cd, but because it is older and lower priced at $44, it comes
without any software.

Or I could go instead for a new cd-burner that comes with some Nero software
for about the same price.

Then there's the cost of a dvd vs cd disk, and the cost of disk cases, against
the storage ability of 650 or 700 megs for a cd vs about 4 gigs for a dvd.

Just looking for suggestions which to pick, or is there a better choice out
there?