[24hoursupport] Re: dvd vcr tv problem

  • From: chizotz@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 21:33:58 +0000

There may be other options, but one solution I discovered when I had a similar
problem was to buy an adapter especially designed for this that has inputs for
both the DVD player and the VCR. The one I got was from Radio Shack (not my
favorite store, but, hey, they had it in stock when no one else did), and
automatically switches the TV from the DVD player to the VCR depending on
which one you're using.

You don't mention how the VCR is hooked up to the TV. You can't hook the DVD
player up in such a way that the VCR could conceivable record from it; there
is hardware copy protection built into the DVD player that will prevent that
from working, and the result is snow. In other words, you can't hook a DVD and
VCR up in the same way you used to be able to hook up two VCR units, it simply
won't work.

The automatic switch detects which unit is powered up, and switches the signal
to the TV so you can see the picture. Works beautifully, and I especially like
the auto-detection feature so I'm not always having to flip a switch. Cost
about $30 if I recall.

HTH,

Ron