[24hoursupport] Re: disk error

  • From: "Spider" <spider1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 06:42:48 -0400

Replace the hard drive, it is failing.

Spider
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1

http://spider1.blogspot.com/

http://erablog.net/blogs/Spider1/

-----Original Message-----
From: 24hoursupport-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:24hoursupport-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of ywguo
Sent: Saturday, August 21, 2004 12:06 AM
To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [24hoursupport] disk error

Hello,

I installed windows 2000 server with SP4, microsoft exchange 2000 with SP3.

In the past weeks the exchange server was often malfunction. After searching
on google, I found it is error 429 on Microsoft knowledge base. It suggests
that the Exchange routing engine cannot save new messages to the Badmail,
Pickup, and Queue folders that are located under the VSI 1 folder.

I checked the directories. The Queue folder is damaged. And I cannot go into
the Queue folder or delete the folder. I ran chkdsk manually, it also
failed.

I remember that it reports a disk error when I start the computer. I have to
cancel the check disk, otherwise the computer cannot start when the check
disk fails. It is a 3 stage check disk, and it always fails at the 2nd
stage. :(

Any body can help me?

Best regards,
Yawei

For a web-based membership management utility and information on list