[24hoursupport] disk error

  • From: "ywguo" <ywguo527@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 12:05:42 +0800

Hello,

I installed windows 2000 server with SP4, microsoft exchange 2000 with SP3.

In the past weeks the exchange server was often malfunction. After searching on
google, I found it is error 429 on Microsoft knowledge base. It suggests that
the Exchange routing engine cannot save new messages to the Badmail, Pickup,
and Queue folders that are located under the VSI 1 folder.

I checked the directories. The Queue folder is damaged. And I cannot go into
the Queue folder or delete the folder. I ran chkdsk manually, it also failed.

I remember that it reports a disk error when I start the computer. I have to
cancel the check disk, otherwise the computer cannot start when the check disk
fails. It is a 3 stage check disk, and it always fails at the 2nd stage. :(

Any body can help me?

Best regards,
Yawei