[24hoursupport] Re: dialup problems

  • From: "Spider" <spider1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 03:59:45 -0400

 Personally I think the problem lies in the modems being incompatible.  My
guess is your modem is not compatible with the modem at that ISP.  It would
be considered software related as the problem probably lies in the
initialization strings, or the modem settings.  Look through the properties
of your dial up connection.  See if you have Flow Control, Error Control, or
Modem Compression turned on.  If so, try tweaking those settings.  As for
the init string, your ISP should be able to help you tweak that.

Spider