[24hoursupport] Re: default media viewer

  • From: "gangle" <gangletheglurd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 17:47:44 -0700

The only thing you want to open with Real Player
are ram, ra, and rm files.  Quicktime should be
associated only with mov and qt extensions.  All other
multimedia extensions can be associated with
Windows Media Player (such as wav, avi, and mpg).

To form the associations FOR EACH FILE TYPE:
left click on a file type (say, am RM)>Hold the shift
key and right click>Choose "Open with..." on the menu>
scroll to or browse to find and highlight "Realplay">
Make sure "Always open with..." is checked > OK.
Quicktime file types need to be associated with
"QuickTimePlayer" and Media Player file types with
"mplayer2."