[24hoursupport] Re: copying cd

  • From: David Matthew Wood <dmwood78@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 00:30:43 -0500

For audio cds, it's not really a file.  Therefore, there is no
filename extension (altho, Windows might report it as .cda, this is
really not the case because audio tracks on cds are way different
from actual files you would have on your hard drive or even a data
cd).  If you put mp3s into a cd writing utility and then tell it to
burn them as an audio cd that you would play in regular cd players,
what happens is that this program is decompressing the mp3s and then
converting them into audio cd format as it writes them to the cd.

>I'm not asking this to be a smarta**, but what IS the standard
>audio recording file and extension?
>Doug
>
>David Matthew Wood wrote:
>>

>>  MP3s can only be read on the computer and special CD players that
>  > specifically list mp3 as a feature.  For regular CD players, it needs
>  > to be in standard audio cd format.
Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at