[24hoursupport] Re: copying cd

  • From: Fuzzy Logic <fuzzman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 12:25:19 -0500 (EST)

That's actually the opposite direction.  Some CD recorders will not accept
the normal data CD-Rs.  You should never need to purchase the so-called
"Music CDs," unless you have one of those devices (normally a $1000+
pricetag goes with them).

The most likely reason for failure is CD-Rs are just slightly less
reflective than professional CDs, so some devices won't read them.  CD-RWs
are about 1/3 as reflective as CD-Rs, so very few devices outside of
computer CD-ROM drives can read them.

Bottom line, don't waste your money on the "Music CDs."  They're probably
not the source of the problem.

Fuzzy
Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur.

On Mon, 3 Feb 2003, Trish Doran wrote:

> Maybe you need to use one of those special "music only" CDs. I asked a
> question about those once and was told that some CD players will reject a
> homemade CD that isn't recorded on the music only CDs.

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at
http://webpages.charter.net/chizotz/