[24hoursupport] computer cant see CD ROM drive

  • From: "Spider" <spider1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "24hr Help Desk" <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 19:20:42 -0400

Forwarded from Yahoo Groups.

From: "designs4me" <kat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat May 4, 2002 5:15pm
Subject: computer cant see CD ROM drive

Having just taken the kids computer out of storage and set it up,
when I turn it on, during start-up the message says "sec master drive
not loaded ATAPI incompatible . press F1 to conmtinue" I pressed F1
and everything started allright but no CD rom is recognised.
It is on Windows 98, celeron 300,- cant remember what CDrom drive is
at the moment but I do have the drivers on a custom made startup disk
if I need to use that.??

Help appreciated,
Karyn

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at