[24hoursupport] Re: cleaning out temp int files

  • From: "M.Thakur" <dnb_mthakur@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 13:59:53 +0530

I have a DOS .Bat file whose command lines read like these. Two warnings
though, one that my temp internet files are on d: drive(dedicated). So you
will have to define your own switch to drive in line 9. When my PC gets
buggy I del the swap file so that all its fragmentation goes away. And I fix
scanreg 4 times followed by OPT(imise) switch to get it light and error
free. I work on WIN 98 Operating system and this works well enough for me
takes about 1 hour for the process on a P4 1500 with 256MB RDRAM. For this
to work you can work only by booting in DOS and not in DOS window. Or by
booting from a floppy.
And the remaining file after you empty Temp Internet file is Index.dat. This
usually grows to a  maximum size of 4MB. After using the bat file the renewd
file is of 32k size. And switching of pages is rather fluent.
M. Thakur

===============================Begin====================Accelerate.bat
C:
choice /T:y,15 Will automatically continue in 15 seconds
cd\windows
smartdrv
deltree /Y cookies
deltree /Y applog
deltree /Y history
deltree /Y temp
d:
deltree /Y tempor~1
del *.swp
c:
cd\
CLS
@ECHO ****************************************************
@ECHO *         Disk Accelerator                *
@ECHO *                                                  *
@ECHO *     Job Complete :: Want to Scan registry??      *
@ECHO *                                                  *
@ECHO *    Press CTRL-C  now to exit, otherwise          *
@ECHO ****************************************************
choice /T:n,10 Automatically exiting in 10 seconds
cls
echo y|scanreg /fix
choice /T:y,5 Will automatically continue in 5 seconds
echo y|scanreg /fix
choice /T:y,5 Will automatically continue in 5 seconds
echo y|scanreg /fix
choice /T:y,5 Will automatically continue in 5 seconds
echo y|scanreg /fix
choice /T:y,5 Will automatically continue in 5 seconds
scanreg /opt
Win