[24hoursupport] Re: cleaning out temp int files

  • From: "gangle" <gangletheglurd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 18:05:27 -0800

No, that doesn't work.  That just mimics the deletion
of files from Temp Int Folder in the usual manner of
IE Properties > Delete files.  The whole point of the
bug fix is that there is a HIDDEN accrual of data that
is only visible by checking the properties of the Temp
Int Folder itself.  You could view 6 MB of these hidden
files in the properties of the Temp Int Folder AND then
look inside and see nothing, while, AND at the same time.
the disk cleaner will say the folder contains "0".  As I've
said, it's a BUG -- Microsoft knows about, and it doesn't
care.  It's a loose end of the IE program that would probably
require a complete restructuring of the code to fix it.