[24hoursupport] Re: cleaning out temp int files

  • From: David Matthew Wood <dmwood78@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 09:50:59 -0500

Most of the time, you can just go into the Temporary Internet Files
directory and delete them (you may have to set it to display hidden
files to do this).  However, there is a long filename bug I've dealt
with that may keep this from happening once in a while, in which case
as the others have said, you'll have to delete them in DOS.

Just a suggestion, go to your Internet properties, and set the cache
to a reasonable number, say somewhere around 5-10 MB (which is enuf
for cache IMO).  The default setting is 10% of the drive as I recall,
which means if you have a large hard drive, you end up with hundreds
of megs of cache files, which is completely insane.

>Please tell me - step by step - how to get rid of the temp internet
>files that I cannot get to easily on ME.  I know you'll have
>discussed this but you also said that ME doesn't have DOS that's
>easily accessible or not at all.
>
>As I watch AVG scan, I can see loads of these files and I really
>would like to dump them!!
>
>Thanks bunches,
>Bobbie

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at