[24hoursupport] Re: bunging e-mail address

  • From: "gangle" <gangletheglurd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 19:25:47 -0800

The correct term is "munging."  This is not a newsgroup -- it
is an emailing list.  You probably cannot munge your address
for email, as your ISP will not send it if it is not correct.
An alternative to this would be to subscribe to mail lists with
an address dedicated to just that usage.

In actual newsgroups (Usenet), you can and should munge:
http://www.internet-tips.net/Email/SPAM_munging.htm
In OE6 > TOOLS > Accounts > News Tab > Highlight the
news server you are using > Properties > Make changes
in email address using guidelines on above website > OK.