[24hoursupport] Re: browser settings for various browsers

  • From: "Douglas S. Oliver" <dsoliver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 21:28:24 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Thanks for the reply Fuzzy, but like I said, IE didn't go to those sites at
first. I played around with the settings for a while before it worked, just
don't know what I did. I'm not alone failing to get there with IE on a PC and
Mac (osX). The author of the web pages, sadly, doesn't see a problem here. Says
it's too much work to change everything and begin using a different authoring
program for the benefit of a few. If you have visited the website, you can see
the amount of work needed to change everything. You or I could do it with a
little effort, but for an Emertus professor in his 70s, it seems a bit too
much. It was really an inquery for myself as a Linux + Mozilla user. For a
couple of years I've heard and read that, "it only works with IE", with no
explanation. Now I'm slowly beginning to understand--late as usual!

Thanks again -- d