[24hoursupport] browser settings for various browsers

  • From: "Douglas S. Oliver" <dsoliver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 18:31:08 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Hi All. I have a browser question. A client called me about an unrelated
question that led to this question of mine. He has a website/database at the
university. He uses Word2K (I assume it's Office 2K) to produce and publish his
web content. It by default uses a backslash instead of a forward slash to
reference sites off his main page. I finally got IE to go to his pages, but I
don't know what I changed. Mozilla cannot go there, and IE on MacOS X couldn't
either. He says that around %5 of his collegues cannot reach his content. While
playing around, I changed something--I'm bad for not documenting my
changes--and gained access. So this is the question(s), what allows for the
translation between Dos back slash and Unix forward slash in IE? Is there a
similar change for Netscape and/or Mozilla?

To see his site, go to the following

 http://www.faculty.ucr.edu/~legneref/

see if you can get to his subsites (or whatever they're called).

Thanks -- d