[24hoursupport] Re: bouncing emails

  • From: "Ron Allen" <chizotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 11:15:06 -0400

Hi Fuzzy,

OK, this is looking more ridiculous than ever to me.
According to Yahoo's own information, I have bounced only
4 messages since 1/12/2002. The most recent bounce was on
9/23/03. The most recent bounce message was "unknown
user", which is patently wrong since I am obviously
sending from the email address they say is bouncing.

I can see getting a bounced message now and then, if my
email server is down for one reason or another, say. What
I can't see is turning off someone's email because of 4
bounced messages in nearly two years, and turning it off
over and over when there is apparently no bounces
happening.

I'm really getting irritated with Yahoo.

Thanks,

Ron

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 10:51:26 -0400 (EDT)
  Fuzzy Logic <fuzzman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>It means that your ISP has refused a piece of mail (or
>100) from Yahoo!
>Groups.  Sign onto the Y! Groups website
>(http://groups.yahoo.com), click
>on My Groups, then Email Preferences, then Bounce History
>for the relevant
>email address.  In there, you should see the last bounce
>message.
>
>Fuzzy
>--
>Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.
>Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes.
>Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur.
>Cras amet qui numquam amavit, quique amavit cras plus
>amet.
>Uno itinere non potest perveniri ad tam grande secretum.
>
>On Fri, 26 Sep 2003, Ron  Allen wrote:
>
>> What, exactly, does it mean when an email "bounces"?
>>
>> Over the past several weeks, my email from my Yahoo
>>groups has been very
>> thoughtfully turned off at least 8 or 10 times by Yahoo
>>because they say
>> that my email is bouncing.
>>
>> How the heck can I get this to stop? Its incredibly
>>annoying, plus I'm
>> missing messages.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Ron
>

>For a web-based membership management utility and
>information on list policies, please see
>http://nibec.com/24hoursupport/
>
>To unsubscribe, send a blank email to
>24hoursupport-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with "unsubscribe"
>(without quotes) in the subject.

<TEXTAREA NAME="Signature" ROWS="4" COLS="60">