[24hoursupport] Re: bouncing emails

  • From: "Spider" <spider1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 08:02:29 -0400

This is a user spam control method rather then an ISP.  Although some ISP's
are offering this type of thing to their users.  It is a permission based
email system.  In otherwords, the user set's this up basically saying that
"unless you have permission to send to me, I'm not accepting your email."
They are then provided a link to a form.  After proving they are not a
spammer, the user then permits email from that address.

The entire list probably received this message.  I think it is Colin
Thompson that has this setup.  Colin, (or anyone else that uses this method
of spam control) you need to add the email addresses of the various lists
that you subscribe to into your trusted emails so this does not happen.
Failure to do so may result in getting unsubscribed by the moderators.

Spider
Http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1

Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 14:45:02 -0400
From: "verify-at-0spam.com |24hoursupport/1.0-Allow|"
<v5tbhlqeqa0t@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: (my personal email address)

ATTENTION!
A message you recently sent to a 0Spam.com user with the subject
"[24hoursupport] Re: Free Anti-Virus" was not delivered because they are
using the 0Spam.com anti-spam service.  Please click the link below to
confirm that this is not spam.