[24hoursupport] Re: bouncing emails

  • From: "Ron Allen" <chizotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 17:33:41 -0400

OK, Fuzzy, then I'm irritated with charter.net :)

I'll send them an email tonight, I'm paying enough for
their service that this kind of thing should not be an
issue.

Although I also believe that a single hard bounce, when it
can obviously happen in error, should not be sufficient to
shut down someone's accounts. It also doesn't explain why
Yahoo keeps shutting down my group access over and over.
If I thought it would help, I'd email Yahoo too. Maybe I
will anyway, I haven't tilted at any windmills lately...

Thanks,

Ron

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003 17:16:19 -0400 (EDT)
  Fuzzy Logic <fuzzman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>The "unknown user" came from _your_ mail server, not from
>Yahoo!.  How can
>they know that your address is still valid if your own
>mailserver says it
>is not.  "Unknown user" is considered a "hard bounce" and
>it only takes
>one of them to stop delivery.
>
>Fuzzy
>--
>Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum videtur.
>Si hoc legere scis, nimium eruditionis habes.
>Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur.
>Cras amet qui numquam amavit, quique amavit cras plus
>amet.
>Uno itinere non potest perveniri ad tam grande secretum.
>
>On Fri, 26 Sep 2003, Ron  Allen wrote:
>
>> Hi Fuzzy,
>>
>> OK, this is looking more ridiculous than ever to me.
>> According to
>> Yahoo's own information, I have bounced only 4 messages
>>since 1/12/2002.
>> The most recent bounce was on 9/23/03. The most recent
>>bounce message
>> was "unknown user", which is patently wrong since I am
>>obviously sending
>> from the email address they say is bouncing.
>>
>> I can see getting a bounced message now and then, if my
>>email server is
>> down for one reason or another, say. What I can't see is
>>turning off
>> someone's email because of 4 bounced messages in nearly
>>two years, and
>> turning it off over and over when there is apparently no
>>bounces
>> happening.
>>
>> I'm really getting irritated with Yahoo.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Ron
>
>For a web-based membership management utility and
>information on list policies, please see
>http://nibec.com/24hoursupport/
>
>To unsubscribe, send a blank email to
>24hoursupport-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with "unsubscribe"
>(without quotes) in the subject.

<TEXTAREA NAME="Signature" ROWS="4" COLS="60">